Wednesday, November 21, 2018

NaBloPoMo 2018 - Day 21

During this time of year when we stop and think about families and being with families, I stop and think about the strange Son of the South that I married and how my life has changed... remember, I'm a born and bred SoCal city girl...


This is now my team. Weekends during the fall are spent cheering them on... #RollTide


Suddenly I'm going to Monster Truck rallies...


This is Talladega... What? I'm at a racetrack watching cars going around and around?  Have I actually been to Daytona Beach and Las Vegas Raceways as well..?  Yes, but Talladega is like home...



I've learned how to tend to chickens, and cows, and now sheep... 
I've learned how to work a tractor, and a bulldozer...


And grits... I've had to learn to cook grits...
And, we have "dressing" for Thanksgiving, not stuffing...
And, I learned how to make my mother in law's yummy Sweet Potato Casserole, but according to my Southern Hubby, I still can't make biscuits as good as his mother's, nor can I make "fried pie" like his aunt... I'd never even heard of fried pie...

Still this is now my family.  And, 20 years later, I still have to pull out the English-Southern dictionary because every once in a while that dog just won't hunt... 


#NaBloPoMo18

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...