Thursday, August 22, 2019

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...!


Back at the end of June we visited Olympic National Park (#44) in Washington.  There are actually two parts: a rainforest/coastal part and then the more alpine mountain park.





Both have their own intrinsic beauty.  It was amazing to be able to spend time in both places.

Then we drove north to catch a ferry to get us across the waters of the sound...


The next day we arrived at Cascades National Park (#45).  The visitor's center wasn't much but the drive through the park was full of large vistas of mountains and trees.  Lots of small streams and rivers.





Then there was this:

I called it Heaven on Earth.  Almost as beautiful as the first time I saw Glacier National Park... almost...

Then, this last weekend I met my best friend from medical school, and we spent the weekend at Rocky Mountain National Park (#46).  It was the last national park I had to check off my list in Colorado.  So worth the wait... and the trip!


As my friend said, photos in no way do justice to the beauty of the scenery.


We saw so many animals including a moose and baby.


Elk on the slopes of the mountains.


Meadows reaching up to the skies.


My friend is a fan of waterfalls, so we did a bit of hiking.
Kinda rough given the base elevation was about 9,000 feet,
but with her encouragement I tramped on and up.
So glad I did.


Another beautiful place checked off! 












1 comment:

betty said...

Stunning! All the photos, absolutely stunning! So beautiful.

Don't know if you've seen this, but I caught it on the news the other day and instantly thought of you and your mom.

https://www.today.com/news/grandson-taking-89-year-old-grandmother-all-61-national-parks-t160954

I think they even have an Instagram acct. I want to say its called Grandma Joy. The article might mention it.

Onward to your next adventure!!

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...