Tuesday, November 13, 2018

NaBloPoMo 2018 - Day 13


Music has always been an important part of my life.
I can't remember a time when I didn't have one song or other playing
somewhere in the background.
Ask me about the guy, and I'll tell you the song attached to him.
Ask me about the trip, and I'll give you the soundtrack.
Cycling soundtrack - 190 songs, 12hrs32min

As I get older, certain songs begin to hold more meaning.
Kinda like the song "I Lived" by One Republic.

"I, I did it all.
I owned every second that this world could give,
saw so many places, the things that I did.
Yeah with every broken bone, I swear I lived."

My trip with my mother to Alaska was all about enjoying as much time as we
could together because she was dying of kidney failure.
It also was trying to fit in all the National Parks I could
and enjoying the splendor of Alaska.

That trip was on par with a road trip my husband and I did to Big Sky..
and we also managed to see multiple National Parks along the way.


The soundtrack to that trip was "Good to Be Alive" by Jason Gray

"Hold on

Is this really the life I'm living?

'Cause I don't feel like I deserve it
Every day that I wake, every breath that I take you’ve given
So right here, right now
While the sun is shining down

I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah"

Wonder what the next great adventure will be...
And, what song will be the soundtrack to it...


No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...