Tuesday, November 20, 2018

NaBloPoMo 2018 - Day 20


I'll be working on Thanksgiving Day...
Sadly, a lot of what you think might come into the ED on that day
is not what comes into the ED on that day...

I'll see depression.
I'll see alcohol and other substance overdoses.
I'll probably see a car crash or two.
I might see some nausea/vomiting from overindulging
in turkey and pumpkin pie.
I'll see homeless who just want a warm bed and a meal.
And,
I know there will be the Holiday Heartbreak story.
I dread working the holidays for that.
There is always a tragic, unexpected death or
near death case that will just ruin me
for several days due to the sheer emotions
associated with it...

But after several years of not working the holidays,
it's finally my turn...
I hope Hubby will have a wine bottle open for when I get home...
based on previous experience, I'm going to need it.

#NaBloPoMo18

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...