Tuesday, July 1, 2014

MyPod Birthday Shuffle IV - Day 1 - Cherish

For the last three years (2011, 2012, 2013), I have been doing an iPod shuffle through the songs on my birthday month.  One, because it's fun to go through all the songs that I've collected which leads to Two, because it's fun to think about the memories associated with those songs.  And, as birthdays for me are a time of reflection, I like to think about where I've been and where I'm going.  And, what better way to do that than through music.  As usual, I try not to repeat any songs that I've already posted on here... and given that I have about 1300 songs, you'd think it would be pretty easy... funny how it isn't.

So, here it goes:

The number one song on the day I was born was "Windy" by the Association.  Since I don't have that one on my iPod, I will share the one song I do have on there "Cherish."


I first remember this song in high school.  Thinking about UL1.  Oh yeah.... Daydreaming days of youth when you can imagine that anything can happen... The words said all the things I wanted to say but couldn't.

Of course, most people will remember it in this context:



I really like this movie on a lot of levels.  It has some flaws, but I think there's something we can all relate to in it.  That and the fact that we've all had a "Duckie" in our lives at some point.

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...