Thursday, July 3, 2014

MyPod Birthday Shuffle IV - Day 3 - American Woman

I love, love, loved the Austin Powers' movies.  So much so, that my friends and I in med school went to the opening night midnight screening of the last one just to be the first to see it.  C and I drove his partner crazy just before leaving the house as we watched, and word for word quoted the prior two just to get in the mood.  We then laughed and applauded during the opening sequence of the new one, it was so awesome...



This song first came out in 1970 by the Guess Who, but became popular again in 1999 when Lenny Kravitz did his version.  I like the original and have it on my iPod.  Here's the song as I first heard it while watching "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me."

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...