Sunday, July 13, 2014

MyPod Birthday Shuffle IV - Day 13 - Something About You

"Now, how can it be That a love carved out of caring 
Fashioned by fate could suffer so hard 
From the games played once too often 
But making mistakes is a part of life's imperfection 
Born of the years Is it so wrong to be human after all?"

There are SO many things I can say about this song.
The song came out in 1985.
High school graduation and starting college.
Meeting UL 2 (unrequited love) who would later cause a lot of heartache
and hardship over the next three years.
This was the first of many I consider "his songs."
And, this one is so fitting because there were a LOT
of games played, and a LOT of mistakes made
on both sides.  I really wish I could go back and tell
18 year old me not to do it.
Don't fall in love.
But I did, and years later this song
still reminds me of a time in my life when I
thought I could have anything I wanted...
Boy, was I wrong.

I thought I would share this version of the song as well.
It came out in an episode of "Grey's Anatomy" and
I downloaded it to my iPod.


No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...