Monday, July 1, 2013

MyPod Birthday Month #1 - If You Leave Me Now


It's appropriate that the first song 
on the first day
of the third year
of my Birthday Month iPod Shuffle
was released on my birthday month 1976.

It's the first song I remember hearing on the radio.
Isn't that strange?  I can remember the radio being on,
but this song...
this particular song captured my attention.
It was one of the first 45's I remember asking for.

I turned 9 years old that year.
I was going to be starting the 4th grade that fall.

It was 1976.
Nadia Comaneci
The olympics were that month;
Just the start of a young girls' inspirations and dreams
as I watched her flip her way into the history books.

It was a good summer to be young and
just starting to lay the foundation
for the rest of my life...

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...