Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MyPod Birthday Month #10 - One Thing

September 2003 I was a surgical intern. Low man on the totem pole. I was struggling to keep up with my colleagues and the demands of being in training in a major hospital in Chicago. There were so many times when I felt so alone and so frustrated. I would gladly have traded it all for that "one thing" that would have made life easier. I still don't know what that "one thing" would have been, but when you're foundering in a new place and city trying to prove yourself, anything is better than what you're living at the time. In retrospect, though, I know that year helped to make me the doctor I am today, and even now, I don't know that I really would have changed anything... well, except for the chance to be a neurosurgeon... maybe I should have taken that offer...

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...