OK, so last year I started off with this post, and with the following resolutions....Let's see how I did...
- to continue my raw food healthy habits (so, I sort of fell off around April, and part of the difficulty is that my DH started eating the same way and soon started looking like a scarecrow... so, we started fixing different foods, and he gained weight, and so did I.)
- to study and read more journal articles (I have been better about this. I have weekly EM updates which I have been reading, and I did spend the better part of two months preparing for my board exams, so I think this counts)
- to finally get better on my snowboard (you can only do this with time and snow; had plenty of snow and very little time. I only got up to what passes for mountains in Western NY once and that was it... so fail on this one)
- to pet a cheetah (I guess stuffed ones don't count... darn)
- to finish at least 2 of the UFO's (that's unfinished projects) in my quilting stash (I did make several tops to quilts, but they haven't been quilted yet.... so fail there too... )
- and to make it to church more often and thank God for the wonderful gifts of family, friends, and health He has bestowed on me this year (I think I actually have done this. Maybe not every week but more of a concerted effort to put more time away for God)
All right, so about 50/50... Regardless, this has been an amazing year with lot's of life's changes. I finally finished my training and am now working as an Emergency Physician in one of the most beautiful places imaginable.
And what am I looking forward to in 2011....?
- a new house
- new responsibilities in my chosen career
- finally getting to a place where I can enjoy other pursuits... maybe writing a book...?!?!
So, new resolutions:
- to get back into my healthy veggie habits... hubby's just going to have to have a milkshake along with his salad
- to get back into a regular fitness routine
- to continue to improve as a physician and further develop my career goals
- to write, frequently, and start the outline for a book
- to enjoy every minute that I can with my family and friends
- to get organized with my quilting and actually finish most of the projects I have started (you can follow my progress here)
- to go to one new place this year and explore!
- to remember to thank God weekly for everything he has given me and my family
- and, darn it, I will pet that Cheetah!!
I WISH YOU A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!