Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q is for Quiet

Momma & Dillon napping

I've come to dread quiet times
because it makes me start to think too much
of what is coming up.

I think about death a lot.
I think about her death a lot.
Different scenarios.
Everything from where it might happen
to what do I do once it happens
to what do I do after it's all done and everyone's gone home.

And stuff.
Her stuff.
All the stuff.
And things like wills and probate and
and and and.

And, I cry, a bit,
then tell myself it's not time yet,
but I know it will be time soon...
And every day is one more day closer
to not having her in my life any more.

I dread the quiet...

1 comment:

Marc said...

Hang in there V. All I can say is that it will be easier than you fear, and harder than you hope. Hugs.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...