Saturday, April 16, 2016

N is for be Nice


For as long as I can remember, my mother was always telling me to
"be nice."
Was I so horrible, that I had to be frequently reminded
just to be social?

Through grade school,
high school,
college...
she'd include a little note at the bottom of the
letter, check, note, bill...
"Be Nice"

I can remember graduating from college and joining
the work force.  I'd come home and complain about
something or someone, and Momma would help me
talk it through, and then end with "and remember to be nice."

Even when I went to medical school,
and through residency, she'd still remind me to
"be nice."

I do have one of those personalities
that makes it seem as though I am not the friendliest person,
so a gentle reminder now and then to smile and say thank you
or please probably was needed...

Even when she's gone I'll hear that small reminder as I 
start something new, or meet a new group of people
"be nice."





No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...