Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Birthday Shuffle Year V - Day Eight - Here I Am (Come and Take Me)


I can still him standing in the kitchen, making us dinner...
UL3 (unrequited love #3).
This song was playing in the background.

He was so cool.  He was so confident.
He was so out of my league,
but I fantasized about a relationship with him anyway.
And, he was a friend... one that would make me dinner
and hang out
and tease
and always remain just out of reach.

Years later I saw him again for the first time
and, I realized that he had not aged well,
and while I am not someone to ever judge someone on their looks,
seriously, what happened?

But this song takes me back to the college him
and the college me
and the lust that comes with youthful fancy.

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...