Thursday, July 2, 2015

Birthday Shuffle Year V - Day Two - Geronimo



Music has always been a part of what I do.
Writing, working, riding my bike...

This song by Sheppard has become a sort of "war cry" for me
during this time that I've been cycling and training.
It's got a good beat that I can do my cadence training to.
And, the lyrics...

As a kid, did you ever see the cartoons where when someone
was about to do something scary, they would yell out
"Geronimo!" right before they did it?

That's how I felt about cycling.
Unfamiliar, challenging, kinda scary.
But, I pulled up my biking shorts,
plugged in my iPod, 
and rode...
Thinking "Geronimo!" whenever 
I faced my next challenge...

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...