Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 21 - Road Tunes...


I drove to Sacramento today to start a ten day run of shifts in two of the local ED's here.  I've been making the same drive over the last 10 months, and it looks like I'll be doing this over the next year.

It's about a 5 1/2 hour drive, and I carry my trusty iPod and iPad with me to play plenty of music since there are several hundred miles of hills and forests with no radio signal.  Well, no decent music radio signal.

I've written before about my eclectic taste in music.  In fact, every year during my birthday month for the last several years, I write a post a day based on taking a spin on the old iPod wheel.


As you can see, very varied...

So today, I thought I would share with you a sampling of the musical accompaniment to my 5 1/2 hour long drove... I started with the song, "Living in the Moment" and didn't hit shuffle, so all of the songs were alphabetical through to the letter "M."  

"Living in the Moment" - Jason Mraz - my new "soundtrack" for life
So I just let go of what I know I don't know
And I know I'll only do this by
Living in the moment
Living our life
Easy and breezy
With peace in my mind
With peace in my heart
Peace in my soul
Wherever I'm going, I'm already home
Living in the moment

"Living Proof" - Gregory Isakov - one of those Starbuck's freebies

"Locked Out of Heaven" - Bruno Mars - love the beat
Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Ooh!
Oh, yeah, yeah,
Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Ooh!

"Lollipop" - The Chordettes - classic favorite
Call my baby lollipop 
Tell you why 
His kiss is sweeter than an apple pie 
And when he does his shaky rockin' dance 
Man, I haven't got a chance

"(The) Look" - Roxette - from my college days
Loving is the ocean,
Kissing is the wet sand,
she's got the look.

"(The) Look of Love" - ABC - high school song

"Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well" - Mike Doughty - "Grey's Anatomy Sountrack"

"Lookout Weekend" - Debbie Deb - college dance favorite

"Looks Like We Made It" - Barry Manilow - yeah, maybe, but still

"Lose Yourself" - Eminem - 
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted. one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

"Louie Louie" - The Kingsmen - college staple

"Love is in the Air" - John Paul Young - fav from "Simply Ballroom"

"Love of My Life" - Jim Brickman - sigh

"Love on the Rocks" - Neil Diamond - sigh on the rocks

"Love Shack" - The B-52's - my friends and I had a whole room dancing 
to this one on a New Year's Eve in Laughlin
Huggin' and a-kissin'
Dancin' and a-lovin'
Wearin' next to nothin'
'Cause it's hot as an oven
The whole shack shimmies
Yeah, the whole shack shimmies
The whole shack shimmies when everybody's
Movin' around and around and around and around

"Love Song" - 311 - sultry cover hit from fav movie "50 First Dates"

"Love Story" - Taylor Swift - yes, I like Taylor Swift

"Love Would Never Do Without You" - Janet Jackson - I remember this video full of eye candy
There's no easy explanation for it
But whenever there's a problem
We always work it out somehow
Work it out somehow

"Lover Come Back to Me" - Dead or Alive - another college dance staple

"Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'" - Journey - mmmhmm... 
You make me weep and wanna die
Just when you said we'd try
Lovin', touchin', squeezin' each other

"Low" - Flo Rida - if I could hip hop, it would be to this
Shawty had them apple bottom jeans (jeans)
Boots with the fur (with the fur)
The whole club was looking at her
She hit the floor (she hit the floor)
Next thing you know
Shawty got low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low

"Luck Be a Lady" - Frank Sinatra - Vegas/gambling theme song

"Lucky" - Jason Mraz - just a fun song

"Lullaby" - Dixie Chicks - our wedding "gathering song" and one of "our songs"
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

"Lump" - Presidents of the United States - don't ask em where I first heard it, but I love it!
Lump lingered last in line for brains
and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
Small things so sad that birds could land
Is lump fast asleep or rockin' out with the band?

Hope you enjoy them... maybe you'll add a little variety to your music collection...!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lots of good music here. Glad I stopped by. Have an awesome day.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...