Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 10 - Doggie Dreams



As we reflect on Sunday, a day of rest...

When God had made the earth and sky, the flowers and the trees.
He then made all the animals and all the birds and bees.

And then His work was finished, and not one was quite the same
He said I'll walk this earth of mine and give each one a name.

And so he traveled land and sea, and everywhere He went
a little creature following him, until its strength was spent.

When all were named upon the Earth, and in the sky and sea,
A little creature said, Dear Lord, there's not one left for me.

The Father smiled and softly said, I've left you to the end,
I've turned my own name back to front

and called you "Dog" my friend.

 - Author Unknown













1 comment:

Jeanie said...

My dear daughter -in-law sent me this little poem when we had to say 'goodbye' to our 15 year old dog.
I'd like to think he 'returned' to God. He was such a wonderful companion. Here's to many happy days with yours Veronica.
Jeanie

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...