Tuesday, April 9, 2013

#568 - H is for Hungry

I don't get a lunch break...
There's no 30 minute leave work and take time for a break.
I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to run to the bathroom
without someone calling me on the phone.

I usually get breakfast.
The ED doesn't start getting busy until about 10 in the morning.
So I always make sure I get a good breakfast.

Some days, I do get a lunch,
but some days I don't...
We work twelves, so even if I get a lunch around 1:30,
it's still a looong time until 8 p.m. when I get off shift.

So around 6:30, I start to daydream,
and I start to think about what I'd like to be eating....

smoked turkey drumstick

Rubio's fish tacos especial...
for those of you that recognize this, 
yep, it's the Pesky Combo...
yum..!

and hot dogs...
why do I crave hot dogs...??

The nurses try to keep me fed...
Because they say I get like this:



3 comments:

Tracy said...

Enjoying your stories during A-Z Challenge.

http://tracywordswisdom.blogspot.com/

Sylvia Ney said...

I love those commercials! Nice to find your blog. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Sooooo hungry. Just stopping by for the A-Z Challenge. Please check us out and sign up to follow if you like what you see. Juliet atCity Muse Country Muse

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...