Monday, April 29, 2013

#520 - Y is for Yes, I Can...!

I hate having my photo taken... I don't find myself to be at all photogenic.  I think that's one of the reasons I liked photography so much.  It gave me an excuse to always be behind the camera rather than in front of it.

Our vacation in the Caribbean forced me to be in front of the camera a little more than I would like to be as my husband kept insisting that there needed to be more pictures of me and of us during this wonderous trip.  Coming home and looking through all of them, I realized that I NEVER want to look like this again.

So, today I took the first step in changing my future.  My friend and I hired a personal trainer, and we had our first session today.  I'm not saying it's going to be easy.  I'm not saying I'm going to come out looking like her (skinny wench that she is already, my friend, not the trainer.)  But, I am saying I'm making a public commitment to get improve myself physically.  So that the next time I'm forced in front of a camera I won't look like a potato stuffed unsuccessfully into a spandex suit...

And, my goal is a pair of jeans from college... Levi 501s, stone-washed, button fly... you know the ones... date night with the black boots and white t-shirt... oh yeah...!


5 comments:

Claudia said...

Good luck, Hopefully you will take a picture after meeting your goal.

Valerie said...

Good for you!! You can totally do it. Just be sure to keep your eyes in the prize, to stay focus, and to forgive yourself too!! Everyone has off days. Don't let them define you.

Hugs!

Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi

Lori said...

I admire you! Good going!

Unknown said...

You can do it! I need to un-stuff myself and lose 15 pounds. Having the goal of those jeans is a clear vision of where you want to be, and I find that is very helpful to visualize exactly what you want. De :)

Jeanie said...

I'm slowly loosing weight by avoiding butter and fats.
Good luck with your determination. I know you will succeed.
Jeanie

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...