Sunday, July 31, 2011

myPod Shuffle #31 - California Dreamin'

How could I possibly end this month of songs without putting on the basis for the title of this blog?
I had heard this song many times before, but I never thought much of it until I went to medical school in Wisconsin and experienced my first winter.  I was fascinated by the change in seasons to fall.  I loved fall.  So different from Southern California.  Then the first snowfall.  It was so exciting.  About a month into winter having to dig out of the snow and sliding all over the road I was over it.  Then came spring.

No one prepared me for how depressing spring could be.  All of the leftover snow is dirty brown or grey.  The trees are brown.  The muddy patches are brown.  All the leaves are.... well, you get the gist of it.

I hope you enjoyed this month... I enjoyed shuffling the iPod each day to see what song would come next and what memories the song would bring.  As my birthday month comes to a close, a new chapter starts in my life as we begin the move and remodel on our new home... so many stories still to be told.  Thank you for reading and coming along with me on this wondrous journey.

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...