Friday, July 29, 2011

myPod Shuffle #29 - Winner Takes It All


I found out that CDZ got married by reading it in a newspaper.  We had dated and been close friends for many years.  He was always supposed to be "the one."  We had sort of lost touch at the end of college, but we were from the same area, and I always expected that we would end up together again.

I can still remember that day in September when I picked up that newspaper.  I looked at it absent-mindedly.  I wasn't even going to flip it over but just did so to look "below the fold."  And then there was his name.  You know how you see something familiar and it pulls you to it?  That's what the article did for me.  I had an almost visceral reaction once I read about the wedding.  

It wasn't possible.  It couldn't be over.  But, it was.

Suddenly it was like that line from "When Harry Met Sally"... 
"... you'll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that somebody else is married to your husband..."

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...