Sunday, July 10, 2011

myPod Shuffle #10 - Louie Louie


I think nothing says college like "Louie Louie." I hear this song, and I am instantly transported to every college dance, frat party, beach party, dorm party, progressive party, etc I ever attended. Well, the ones I can remember anyway, and what's funny is while you can totally dance to it, you can't sing anything but the chorus because no one knows the words. At least in this version I found on YouTube, you get a sense of the words, but still... not a song to sing along to.

The year I went to San Diego State it was ranked by Playboy as the number 3 party school in the country. There were over 36,000 students on campus. The Greek system was in full swing. It was a great time to be young and in college. Which explains why I needed a solid almost 4.0 in my pre-med studies to make up for the sins of my youth... but it was so worth it living the full college experience. So grab that toga, bring the beer bong, crank up the stereo and sing along!

These are the words, by the way:

CHORUS:
Louie Louie, oh no, Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Louie Louie, oh baby, Me gotta go

Fine little girl waits for me, Catch a ship across the sea
Sail that ship about, all alone, Never know if I make it home

CHORUS

Three nights and days I sail the sea, Think of girl, constantly
On that ship, I dream she's there,I smell the rose in her hair.

CHORUS

Okay, let's give it to 'em, right now!

GUITAR SOLO

See Jamaica, the moon above, It won't be long, me see me love
Take her in my arms again, Tell her I'll never leave again

CHORUS

Let's take it on outa here now
Let's go!!

2 comments:

betty said...

Louie Louie is one of those songs you can get stuck in your mind and be humming to it all day!

Drove by SDSU yesterday and thought of you!! I'm sure it is still a party school! I had to laugh, we drove by a Starbucks right by it and in the window it said "SDSU meal cards accepted here".

have a good day!

betty

Leticia Bruce said...

Totally reminds me of my UCLA days where we used to met in a bar in Westwood on San Vicente called 'Mother's'and they would play it all the time...good times!

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...