Monday, July 29, 2019

Birthday Month Shuffle - 7th Edition Day 29

Back in another post, I mentioned that I had not gone to many concerts,
and that a-ha had actually been the first concert I went to.
It wasn't that I particularly liked the band, more that my friends did
and it was just a way to spend a fun evening with them.

I can't say I knew any of their songs except for this one...
still it was a great evening with friends.


I love this video because it is symbolic of when MTV was really
all about music videos, and they were still such a novel
idea that singers and bands held contests to create their music videos
and a lot of creative thought went into the video.

A lot of famous directors got their starts doing music videos
as well as choreographers got to show their talents.
This song is just one of many that came out in the 80's,
but I still think the video is iconic of that time...
great memories..!

1 comment:

betty said...

I don't think I ever heard of this group before (just a gentle reminder, I didn't see a link for the song). I'll be back to see if you added one and listen to it.

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...