Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Birthday Month Shuffle - 7th Edition Day 24

I have a lot of songs by Neil Diamond.  In fact, Neil Diamond has in some way been a part of my romantic lives in so many ways... from first boyfriend, to first adult relationship, to marriage, to finally seeing him in concert about 2 years ago with my hubby and having an amazing time.

The song today takes me back to a relationship where I broke up with a letter which included the lyrics to a song... this was the song... I was writing about breaking up and then included the lyrics:

"Here's to the songs we used to sing,
and here's to the times we used to know.
It's hard to hold them in our arms again
But hard to let them go."

I wanted to let him know that I was sad (sorta but not really) about breaking up and also thanking him (in my 20-something brain way) for the fun times we had.... I put it in a letter... at least it's not like today where you send a text... slightly more effort... anyway, here's the song... dare I say, enjoy!



1 comment:

betty said...

Neil Diamond was my first concert when I was 18 years old. I ended up seeing him 2 more times over the years. Always a fantastic show. I kind of wanted to go to his concert last year here in Phoenix, but I just couldn't pay the $450 per ticket for the section I would want to sit in and I didn't want to do nose bled seats. He has had an amazing career and lots of good songs, including this one!

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...