Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day 25 - Text You Later...

Part of my evening wind-down routine is to get onto the computer and do what I call "link leaps of faith."  You know when you click a link that takes you to another link and so on, and so on...?  I was trying to think about what to write about and came across a link to an article posted by a woman who was sharing texts she and her hubby have sent to each other.  I liked the idea, so I went through my phone to find some of my own.

Now, you have to understand a couple of things.  One - my husband can't type or spell, so sometimes it's a challenge figuring out what he is trying to say, but I will translate for you.  Two - hubby and I have had a long distance relationship since we've met and even after we married.  I still continue to travel for weeks at a time, and sometimes he goes for get-aways with his friends, so lots of texts get sent while we're on the road, or he gives me updates on the goings-on at home.  I think some of the texts are self-explanatory, but I will help out on the others...

Conversation regarding another doctor's hobby...



We live in a very small town, so even a DQ is a big deal,
and DH has a sweet tooth...



I let my DH know how my day at work is going...


He celebrates when it's good...


or when I get really frustrated...




When I'm traveling, he let's me know
what's going on around the house...



Everything...



And the aftermath...



For some reason he was obsessed with a spoon
that he thought might have gotten "stolen by the caterer" or
accidentally thrown away.  When I found it in my travel lunch bag,
I taunted him with it...



After some early conflicts, he and my mother now
have a better relationship...



We travel often with her, and as I've said before,
she's the Slot Machine Queen...



Traveling with Momma...



She was coming to visit for Christmas last year, and
since we're Hispanic, she asked for some tamales ("Molly's")
which I asked my DH to pick up on the day she was going to arrive...



My DH, always thinking about food...



But the best texts show the attention to details...



Even when we're apart...



We always say good-night, ILY... 



















1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Another lovely insight into your lives. You brought a smile to my old face.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...