Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 17 - Prompted


I couldn't think of anything specific to write about tonight, so I decided to see what the NaBloPoMo topic was.  Last year, close to this time, I wrote what I thought would be a post that would get a lot of comments.  A year later, close to a thousand reads on both my blog and on BlogHer and two comments...

You see, being an ED physician, we're on the front line of medical care.  We are the "gate keepers" to the hospital.  And, on occasion, we get very frustrated with what we see come into the emergency department.  We see the good, the bad and the ugly.  We see the best of people, and we see the worst that people can do to each other.  There are times when we wish for mandatory sterilization and the requirement of government permits to allow people to have children.  There are times when we wish we could enact frontier justice, but we can't... because we are bound by a higher oath to care for others.

Regardless, here's a link to the post I wrote.  Let's see if this time it garners a little more discussion.  Talk amoungst yourselves.

Weeping for the Future 

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...