Saturday, November 22, 2014

Day 22 - Saturday Night Dance Party


What would you tell your 20-something year old self
if you could go back in time..?

I'd tell me to stay in shape so I could continue
dancing like I used to then.

A shot and a beer since I was generally the DD,
and I could dance all night long.
Go to bed at 3, and be up at 8 to be to work at 
9 the following morning.

And, I LOVED to dance.
Still do.. in fact, my best friend commented
that dancing at my wedding was the funnest
time she'd had in a long time... 
because we love to dance...


So tonight, I thought I would share my
top 10 all time favorite dance songs...

10. Ice Ice, Baby - Vanilla Ice
9. Do You Love Me? - The Contours
8. Kiss Me - Stephen Duffy
7. Perfect Kiss - New Order
6. Mony Mony - Billy Idol
5. Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
4. Bizarre Long Triangle - New Order
3. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
2. Strangelove - Depeche Mode
1. Into the Groove - Madonna

Along with my top 10, 
if-I-were-20-I'd-be-shaking-my-thing-at-the-clubs songs, 
because I think I'll probably be 80 and still listening, 
and probably tapping my toes, 
to dance music...

10. I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) - Pitbull
9. Hey Na Na - Katie Herzig
8. Scream & Shout - will.i.am
7. Bailando - Enrique Iglesias
6. Low - Flo Rida
5. So What! - Sanchia
4. Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
3. Jump - The Cube Guys & Luciana
2. I Like It - Enrique Iglesias
1. Work Bi*ch - Britney Spears


Also guaranteed to make me get out of my chair:
Oye Como Va - Celia Cruz
Church - T-Pain
Point of No Return - Expose
Mickey - Toni Basil
anything by Prince
dance songs by Madonna
the Knack, the Clash, the B-52's, Oingo Boingo,
Linkin Park, the Cure, Salt-n-Pepa
some Katy Perry
classic dance music from the 50's and 60's
think Tequila, Twist and Shout, Swing the Mood, Wooly Bully
and, don't even get me started on salsa and Latin music...!








1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I'm exhausted just thinking about dancing to these . At 67 I am more of an armchair participant but, I have been seen to dance and wiggle into the kitchen, on my way to make tea, when there is a good tune on the radio.
I once got caught sitting with my feet up on the stool twizzling my feet to the beat. My neighbour was coming to visit and spotted me through the window. I was a bit chagrined when I opened the door to him and he was laughing at me.
I would have been up there dancing at your wedding for sure!

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...