Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Birthday Shuffle a Deux #24

Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy

Of course, Sting made this song famous, but I will always remember this version of the song because of Michelle Kwan and the 2002 Olympics.  I searched a while to find this version, and, again, Napster was my friend.  The song is about commitment, love and eventually death.


I know I've mentioned before about my goal of being in the Olympics while growing up.  Figure skating was one of the sports I liked.  I still imagine skating around a darkly lit arena with a single spotlight on me while I perform skill after skill.  In this performance, I lived vicariously through Kwan. You could feel her passion and emotion.  It made me love this song all the more.



No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...