Friday, July 6, 2012

Birthday Shuffle a Deux #6

Wow are the memories coming back... Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder

Again, like yesterday, college, Freshman Year, unrequited love song to the max... funny how this week's songs are all taking me back to that place and time. I've got to give my iPod a good shake tomorrow, but regardless.

Stevie Wonder actually was going to use the song in 1979 for an album he released, but it got left off that album and wasn't released until 1985 when it was released as a single.

The lyrics that always get me are:
"And though you don't believe that they do 
 They do come true 
 For did my dreams 
 Come true when I looked at you 
 And maybe too, if you would believe 
 You too might be Overjoyed, over loved, over me 

 And though the odds say improbable 
 What do they know 
 For in romance 
 All true love needs is a chance 
 And maybe with a chance you will find 
 You too like I 
 Overjoyed, over loved, over you, over you" 

Oh, to be able to go back in time and tell that crazy, stupid 18 year old, "this is leading nowhere good..." Knowing me, though, I wouldn't have listened.



No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...