Tuesday, November 5, 2019

NaBloPoMo - Day 5 - Mad Drawing Skills


Last month I participated in #inktober which was on Instagram.
I have posted some of my artwork on this blog from time to time,
and I mentioned that art has been cathartic in helping me get over
the death of my mother.
A lot of this month was a little bit of both...

There was a list of prompts, so every day you tried to draw something
based on the daily word...
I'm sharing a few of the 31 drawings
which are my favorites...


This was my drawing for treasure:
What's cooler than finding a pearl in an oyster...?


I think of turtles as wise... ancient.
This is immediately what came to mind when I read the prompt.


Frail - like a tiny almost weightless hummingbird...


Sling... I had a little fun with this one...
it's going to be a fun ride...!


Finally, given that it was close to Dia de los Muertos,
I had to honor my mother by making a virtual ofrenda instead of
a true altar in my home...
Her favorite foods are there: pan dulce, pears, a glass of wine...
We honor the dead and their memory, and I truly
hope she is enjoying that glass of wine across that marigold-covered bridge...



2 comments:

betty said...

You really are talented as an artist! I am glad you explained what you drew. The first one was a bit confusing until I saw that it was a pearl in an oyster and then it made perfect sense. Very well done!! I do enjoy the art you post on Facebook from time to time.

betty

Lori said...

Those are very good! I have never been any good at sketching, drawing, or painting, but one of my sisters is a very good artist.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...