Saturday, November 23, 2019

NaBloPoMo - Day 23 - Bring Out the Best

Not going to lie to you... I love to eat.  And, I love to cook. Momma always taught me to use only the best ingredients I could afford. One that we always used was Best Foods Mayonnaise. No Miracle Whip in our house.

When I moved to the MidWest to go to medical school, I looked for my Best Foods. To my surprise, there it's called Hellmann's! Despite the name change, it's the same fresh flavor I grew up loving.

Oh, so many good things can be made from this lovely jar: sandwiches, salads, salad dressings, sauces, desserts... yummy.

Even more yummy... going to let you in on a little secret....

You know that little lump at the top where the jar was filled...?

It's my favorite part...


As soon as I open up a new jar of mayonnaise, I take a small spoon and scoop out a bit of that luscious little lump... don't know why, but I think it's the best part of the mayonnaise. Don't get me wrong, the rest of the jar will be pretty good... but not as good as that first taste from a fresh open jar...

Any weird food things you like..? Or interesting rituals you perform...? Or is it just me...?





1 comment:

betty said...

My daughter in law doesn't like mayonnaise, LOL, unless it is in a dish like a pasta salad, but forget it being on a sandwich. I think the weirdest thing I would do as far as ritual would be when we were dating and newly married we would go out to eat Friday night for dinner. Got a nice dinner, wine, and dessert. I always had to save a sip of wine as the last thing I consumed/drank with the meal :)

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...