Saturday, April 12, 2014

#1661 - On Kismet

Do you believe in fate?

My mother always used to tell me that everything happens for a reason.
I used to think it was to keep me from being disappointed
from whatever teen drama was occuring at the moment,
but as I've gotten older, I've come to realize
that where I am is where I was lead to be.

When I stop and think back on certain decisions in my life,
I realize that those simple choices, like staying in San Diego
during college, or picking one med school over another
have certainly directed me to where I am now...

And, who's to complain?
It's a pretty good place...


1 comment:

betty said...

I don't think I believe in fate; I believe God has us exactly where he wants us, including guiding our hearts and our minds in the decisions to stay put or move or choose this or that, always for his purpose, his way, his will, his glory :)

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...