Sunday, July 14, 2013

MyPod Birthday Month #14 - Head Over Heels

Back on the 4th of the month, I posted about the song "Head Over Heels" by the Go-Go's. Today the other song "Head Over Heels" by Tears for Fears came up on the shuffle.

 

Released 10 June 1985
This song was to become the mantra of the summer as I transitioned from high school to college.  My First Love (FL) and I were in this weird "kinda friends, kinda wanna be something more" stage, while I dated someone else who had been a sort-of rebound because my senior high UL (unrequited love) had broken my heart.  Then I started college and met the guy who would become my first college UL over the next 3 years while the Rebound started dating my best friend from high school when I moved away to college.

In amoungst the journals I posted about a couple of days ago, I found a number of letters.  One of which was by the Rebound "letting me down easy" because he was afraid "I'd gotten too attached" to him.  Don't remember if I snickered then, but I snickered reading it again because at that point I had already started dating someone else off/on.  College UL wouldn't play a major role in my life until later that semester and at the start of the next one.

Regardless, this song reminds me of that time in my life when I still felt passionately about FL, but not so much that other "distractions" couldn't occupy my time.  That first year of college... what a crazy time of learning and changing... none of which had anything to do with academics...!

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...