Thursday, November 17, 2011

Betty and Veronica


I was saddened today when a friend posted on her blog about a death of a family member.  I say, and truly mean, friend even though I have never met her.  We met while blogging initially on AOL and then followed the group over to blogger.com.  It's amazing how fast three years can pass, and how much you can learn about someone by reading and commenting on each other's blogs.

We've never met, yet we know about each others' families (her kids, my cats), our jobs, our recent moves.  She's cheered my career from residency to now attending status, and I've sympathized with her pet's illness and occasional family dramas.  Her faith, through it all, has continued strong which is what attracted me to her blog in the first place.

I thank you for always commenting on my posts no matter how mundane I sometimes think they are... at least I know someone is reading them.  And, even though I don't always comment, I read each and every one of yours... my thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

3 comments:

betty said...

Thanks Veronica!! You don't know how much you made my day with this! I do hope one day we meet in person! I think it will be a great experience!! You are sooo very special; I really do enjoy reading what you post when you post them!

Again, thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart!

betty

ADB said...

That's what J-land and its successor is all about, Veronica. Distance does not mean lack of empathy.

Lori said...

I count several J-Landers "friends" even though we've never met in real life. It's amazing how you can get really wrapped up in an online friend's life!

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...