Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Z is for Zilch


Well, another year has come and gone
and another A to Z Challenge is put to rest.

Why did I pick "zilch" as my word...?
Because today I had zilch to talk about.
Next month will start for me the
"Year of Firsts without Momma"

Actually, that started on April 9th which was my
First Day without Momma
And April 17th which was
Momma's First Birthday in Heaven

The last three weeks have been painful,
and I know that the initial grief will pass.
However, there's still times when it all seems so surreal.
Times when I wonder if I'm in a dream.
I knew it was going to be hard, but I never imagined
it would be this hard.

It's going to be a long year.


1 comment:

betty said...

Congrats on getting through A/Z! That is an accomplishment especially with how hard April had to be! Yep, no ways about it. This year will be long and hard. I took great comfort in this verse after my mom died. Psalm 116:15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death o fhis saints.

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...