Wednesday, December 5, 2018

#43 is in the Books...


Today I visited National Park #43/60.

Even though it was a cold and rainy day, I wasn't dissuaded.
I have one free day while I'm in 29 Palms to do this,
and I took advantage of my free time this afternoon.


Some people really love the desert.
I'm more of an ocean and forest girl, but I can appreciate the beauty
in the stark vastness of the desert.



But if you look closely enough,
you start to see life in unexpected places.



Although, I wouldn't want to get to close to this...



Or these...



These are actually called "jumping" cholla cactus because 
if you inadvertently brushed against one of these
one of the branches might stay stuck to your clothing...
or in you... 


Ouch!


A few more shots...




Got the stamp...


Only 17 more to go...!


No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...