Friday, July 1, 2016

Birthday Shuffle Sixth Edition - Day 1


I can't believe I've been doing this over the last 5 years.
Wow, time sure flies...

This year, I thought I would blog about the music in my
cycling playlist:
one because it's great music,
but two, as I look ahead to turning 49 this month
I really have to start thinking about taking better
care of this body so that it can last another 49 years.
So, I am hoping that I can be re-inspired
to start riding more regularly again...

And maybe do a 100 mile ride instead of my usual
50...

So let's begin...



The rest of the month I'll be doing a true shuffle,
but this first song is almost always my first song on a ride...

I don't know what it is about this song,
but the opening is ethereal;
those first 20 seconds are like a heart beat.

As I start my ride, it's finding the right position,
making all those fine adjustments for the ride ahead,
and then getting settled in the seat... 

At about the minute mark, the pace of the song changes
which is about the time I start to pick up the pace
stretch out my legs
adjust the gears
find my cadence.

Around 2:35, the rhythm
picks up suddenly.
I'm starting to get warmed up,
all the adjustments have been made
I'm in the zone.

Then there's a sudden lull at 3:19.
Soft piano music
then back to the initial ethereal heartbeat rhythm.
I have a moment to remember to breathe.
Then the singing starts again,
and I continue my ride...




No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...