Thursday, December 23, 2010

Life as a House

Have you seen this movie?  OMG.  It was a tear-jerker from the very beginning.  You know once the comment is made, "So how much weight have you lost?" that the diagnosis is not going to be very good.



My DH and I watched it last night for the first time.  I knew it had to do with a man who had a terminal illness building a house... Wow. Even my DH, who isn't much one for drama, liked it. I always tease him because he likes to fast forward through the "talking parts."

I got a phone call during one scene and then asked what I had missed. He told me nothing important just talking. I hit the rewind button (or whatever you call it nowadays) and we rewatched the scene.  It was the scene that had to do with the "licking cure" which he argued had nothing to do with the rest of the movie, but then I got to "ha, see!" him when it was referenced back later on in the movie.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to share a really good movie. Tell me what you think....

2 comments:

betty said...

I LOVED THAT MOVIE!! I haven't seen it in a few years, BUT I LOVED THAT MOVIE!! can you tell that I LOVED THAT MOVIE???

Now I need to watch it again, LOL.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas Veronica!

betty

Patty E said...

That movie never got the rave reviews it really deserves. It gets better everytime I watch it.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...