Thursday, November 18, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 18

"Oh, I don't drive. I keep taking the test over and over again, but, I'm all, this is hard."



That's kind of how I felt after taking my board exam today... "but, I'm all, this is hard." That line kept me laughing for a while. Hopefully, I will find out in 90 days that I don't have to take this test over and over again... once was enough...!

For fun, I will share with you my test taking anthem... A good friend and I were working our way through med school prerequisites. We were both "non-traditional students" a good many years older than most of our classmates, so we supported each others' decision to go through it all over again. One of our most challenging classes was Organic Chemistry. We sat across from each other in class, and our ritual before every test was to tell each other, "Hakuna Matata." No worries.

We both made it through premed. We both made it through medical school. Now years later I still think of those times... struggling with every exam... working three jobs to pay for school... sweating out the MCATs.... wow... wonder where my friend is now...?

Enjoy!

1 comment:

betty said...

90 days is a long time to wait! Kinda of like waiting to see if one passes the bar. I wonder if you could google your friend's name and see if they can be found.

now that the test is done (for this round at least,and I'm sure you did great), go out and have some fun!

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...