Sunday, March 8, 2020

The Eleventh Monthiversary


Most days, it's so hard to believe that in one month it will have been
a year since my mother died.
Some days, the pain is just so raw, it's almost as if it just
happened yesterday.
Other days, I find myself not even thinking about her...
What!?!
How is that possible??

How can life just continue on that way without a thought
about the woman who was the central figure in my life
for, well, my whole life...??

But, life does go on...
Through all the death and the pain and the loss...
life goes on...

And, I guess the best place to see that is on a farm...

These are two of the six lambs born this year...
We'll raise them up to sell, and next year, someone else will
have new lambs... or lamb at Easter...
or like the little white lamb, a new pet to enjoy...


Daffodils grow wild on our property..,
Every year they suddenly appear dotting our fields in yellow...
After a few weeks they're gone, but I know they will be back next year,
even if we're in a new home and won't see them...

Life goes on...
Our time here is brief, and sometimes all we'll carry with us
are the memories of the life we've lived...

Let's make it a good one, 
so that we have wonderful memories
to look back on, always...

I was blessed to be able to have so many memories
with my mother which I'll carry with me always...
Until I join her one day in Heaven...



1 comment:

betty said...

Life does go on. It just goes on differently. It is nice there is new life on the farm. It gives one hope!

Betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...