Friday, June 15, 2012

And Then There Were Four...

A couple of weeks back I wrote about how quickly life seems to move on the farm.  We had a deja vu moment on Monday when my DH went to let the goats out of the barn.  He came into the house and said, "Something's wrong with Betty."  I ran outside in time to see this...

Then this...


I quickly called the goat breeder who called me the "luckiest person ever."  At Bootsie's disbudding a week ago, she had told me that she doubted Betty could be pregnant because it had been too long and we should have had a baby by then.  Imagine all of our surprises when, no, really, we've got another goat to feed.  And, she (another stroke of luck) is just the cutest thing ever.


World, welcome JazzyBelle.  She's 1/2 Togg and shows it in her looks... waddles and all...


Before all the baby business of the last month, I had told my DH that I thought a mini herd of 4 - 6 goats would be just right... now I have my mini herd... whew!  Four goats for the price of two out of "well I guess they didn't take" females... 

Looking at them all munching in the field, I guess I am pretty lucky...


3 comments:

betty said...

Oh how cute!! JazzyBelle is just the sweetest thing :) (I may forgive you one day for having a goat named Betty :)

betty

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful surprise Veronica!
Hello from me to little JazzyBelle and her new Mum. She is a little cutie!
Jeanie

Lori said...

Very cute! I've seen baby goats born, years ago when my sister owned them. They are so cute when they're little.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...