Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On Writing...

I want to write a novel.  In fact, if it wasn't for my schedule this month, I would have gladly joined in on the NaNoWriMo challenge.  But, I just don't have the time.  Not this month.  Not next month.

I want to write a novel.  But, I am worried.  What if I'm a "one hit wonder?"  What if I suck miserably and end up on someone's "don't read" list?  What if...?

I want to write a novel.  I need a quiet place.  Or a coffee shop where I can sit in the corner and just write, pumped up on caffeine.  And scones, or bread pudding... I really like bread pudding.  With jam.  Lots of jam.

I want to write a novel.  A good fact-checker is essential for writing a novel.  Google would be very helpful.  Also, I need to make sure someone is checking for continuity.  Don't you hate watching a movie and seeing a mistake?  Like someone's wearing a ring, then not wearing one, then wearing one... all within the same scene.  Drives me crazy.

I want to write a novel.  I really don't have a lot of discipline.  I think it takes a lot of discipline to sit down and actually write every day.  I know just doing this blog a day for a month take a lot of discipline.  But a novel, that's going to take several months....

Maybe I'll just stick to blogging.  Short, sweet, not much in the way of character development because I am the main character.  Don't have to worry about dialogue because it's all inner monologue.  Yeah, I think for now this will suite me just fine...

But, I still wanna write a novel.

1 comment:

betty said...

Maybe short stories to get you into the habit of writing and then move on to a novel? I want to write one too and I have a great story in me, but to find the time to do so........

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...