Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Late One

Trying to get this one in under the wire...

I love to teach.  I think I've mentioned that before.  It's not that I want to be a school teacher and do it on a daily basis, but I love working with medical students and residents sharing knowledge and experience.  That converted over to giving lectures to the paramedics and firemen during my residency. Now I present a monthly lecture to our nurses and EMS providers.

I think it's not just about the teaching.  I think it's the fun of playing with programs like Powerpoint and Keynote.  Especially Keynote.  Now, I consider myself a Powerpoint maven.  I could do things with the program that made lectures pop.  But, when I went to buy my Mac, the salesman gave me a brief demo of what could be done with Keynote.  WOW!  Not only did I fall in love with my MacBook and would marry it if I could, but Keynote would definitely be the illicit affair I would have.

After putting together a complex slide presentation for our residency graduation party, I now consider myself a Keynote savant.  This post is late because I've had back to back lectures to prepare for, and I am currently working on a very professional lecture for the local medical society.  But it will still have some pop... and some squirrels... I always have squirrels in my lectures...

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I'd love to see one of your lectures and how you weave the squirrels into it!!

betty