Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Late One

Trying to get this one in under the wire...

I love to teach.  I think I've mentioned that before.  It's not that I want to be a school teacher and do it on a daily basis, but I love working with medical students and residents sharing knowledge and experience.  That converted over to giving lectures to the paramedics and firemen during my residency. Now I present a monthly lecture to our nurses and EMS providers.

I think it's not just about the teaching.  I think it's the fun of playing with programs like Powerpoint and Keynote.  Especially Keynote.  Now, I consider myself a Powerpoint maven.  I could do things with the program that made lectures pop.  But, when I went to buy my Mac, the salesman gave me a brief demo of what could be done with Keynote.  WOW!  Not only did I fall in love with my MacBook and would marry it if I could, but Keynote would definitely be the illicit affair I would have.

After putting together a complex slide presentation for our residency graduation party, I now consider myself a Keynote savant.  This post is late because I've had back to back lectures to prepare for, and I am currently working on a very professional lecture for the local medical society.  But it will still have some pop... and some squirrels... I always have squirrels in my lectures...

1 comment:

betty said...

I'd love to see one of your lectures and how you weave the squirrels into it!!

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...