Saturday, November 12, 2011

Egg-tastic!


The bantams that I got in mid-September have started laying eggs!  They are Golden Seabrights, and I have a rooster (Waddles) and two hens (Mabel and Sheila).  I am not quite sure which of the hens is laying, but I am very excited about their being happy enough with their new surroundings to start.

In the spring I will probably let them have a clutch of chicks, but until then we will just enjoy the fruits of their labors...


Bantam eggs compared to a AA Large egg from the grocery store... how many of these will I need to make an omelet...?


1 comment:

betty said...

I'm thinking you would need six to make a "traditional" 3-egg omelette. I bet they are delicious!! Cute chicks too!

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...