Sunday, November 14, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 14

I worked the local Urgent Care today, which medically is very uninteresting.  I wrote in a prior blog post how you see, pretty much, the same seven people in urgent care... and the same can be said for today.

So, I decided to take a peek at some of the prior prompts given by the NaBloPoMo website for things to write about and found this question interesting:  

Thursday, June 10, 2010


If you could go back in time and meet your 16-year-old self, what three things would you tell yourself?

1.  Follow your heart and don't be swayed by other people's perceptions.  It took me a while to learn for myself that some people had their own agendas, and that I really needed to learn to think for myself and trust in my own instincts about things.

2.  I'd like to tell you not to fall in love with a fantasy because you're going to get your heart majorly broken in a year or so.  The results of this will lead to another relationship which will eventually lead to a loss of two of your closest friends.  Friends are forever;  true love will come when you're older.

3.  Your small sedan is not the appropriate vehicle in which to transport 10 track team members (two in the trunk)... so don't do it... even though it will be a lot of fun...

1 comment:

betty said...

loved them all, but chuckled (quite out loud as a matter of fact) about #3. Wouldn't that be interesting to go back and give ourselves advice? (but would we take it since sometimes we are bad about taking advice offered?)

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...