Tuesday, November 16, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 16

So, I have my Emergency Medicine board exam on Thursday, and for the last month I have been doing review questions and reading study guides.  This in addition to working and getting used to my new surroundings.


Now, like the Larson cartoon to the left... my brain is full.  I think I've hit the wall.  Tomorrow should be a semi-relaxing day of driving over to Redding to spend the night before the exam.  I'll take my camera and perhaps capture some of the sights we pass.


For now, it's time to sleep.... perhaps to dream... although, most of my dreams lately have been about being back in medical school and residency training.... eek.. it's hard being a life-long student!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Bless you! I'm glad you are taking time out to go to Redding.
I found out when I was studying for my gymnastic coaching exams, many years ago now, that I had swallowed the book by the day of the exams. Friends told me I knew it all before I began to swot but I never believed them.

Give your brain a rest and let it sort out all the information for you during your 'day of rest'.
All the best! You will do well...you will see.
Jeanie xxxx

betty said...

looking forward to the pictures you will take; I think it is good you scheduled a semi relaxing day before the test; I know you will do good. The knowledge is there and once you sit down and actually start taking the exam, I know the answers will just keep flowing out of your brain....

good luck!

betty

Lori said...

I'm sure you'll do well on your exams Thursday! (My brain is full too, but of trivial stuff, I'm afraid.)

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...