Tuesday, July 19, 2011

myPod Shuffle #19 - Jump

Out of my 792 songs on my iPod, 20 are by Madonna.  I would have more, but it would mean copying every one of the dozen CD's I have in my collection.  So I picked my favorites.  Of course, now with my new iPhone, I could put every song in the collection on it, and still have room left over for many many more.


I first heard this song on the TV series "Ugly Betty."  In case you didn't watch it, the show was based on a telenovela that was very popular in Mexico which was based on another telenovela from Columbia.  It follows a basic "ugly duckling turns to swan" storyline.  The Mexican telenovela lasted almost a year and featured one of my favorite actors as a love interest... can you guess who?

Anyway, "Jump" was such an awesome song, with awesome lyrics, and a kickin' musical beat, and since it came from Madonna, I just knew I had to have it in my collection.  Which is funny because I had the song on the "Confessions on a Dance Floor" CD and had never really listened to it before that "Ugly Betty" episode.  Funny how putting a song in context just makes it that much more interesting.

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...