Tuesday, April 16, 2019

N is for National Parks


43/61

I can't talk enough to anyone about how much I love the National Parks.
I've been to 43 of the now 61 National Parks.
From California to Maine,
from Alaska to Hawaii,
from the rocky badlands of Theodore Roosevelt NP
to the beautiful waters of Dry Tortugas NP,
I've been to 43.

If 42 is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything,
I've gone up one to the next level.

I'm trying to figure out how to get up to 50.
Then up to 60.
Then that final 61.
However, this may be a bucket list goal that will
keep on changing over the next several years.
It was 59 when I started,
then they added Gateway Arch NP
and now I just read about Indiana Dunes NP
just designated by an Act of Congress
on February 15th of 2019.

I better get to planning another road trip soon...!


2 comments:

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

Lucky you have been able to visit many of the national parks and enjoy the open spaces. I hope you do see all 61. Someday, possibly they will not all be available to public access.

http://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com
AtoZ very short stories in various genres

betty said...

Its neat that they keep adding them! Gives you something to plan in the years ahead!

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...