Wednesday, April 1, 2015

#297 - A is for Acapulco

Hello and Welcome to my Blog...!!

I was trying to think about what to focus on this month,
and while I generally don't do themes,
this year is going to be the Year of Traveling.

So I thought that I would intersperse some of my travel photos
amoungst my thoughts on the medical field,
my patient experiences,
my love of food,
and my random flights of fancy.

So we're starting off in Acapulco....


If you've never been, a bay cruise is a must!
I think Acapulco Bay is one of the most beautiful in the world...




Along with the famous cliff divers,
which we got a chance to see from the ocean side,
we went to a place I had never been before...

The Chapel of Peace (Capilla de la Paz)


It was built by a wealthy family as a memorial
to their two sons who died tragically.

It's a non-denominational chapel built at the top
of the Las Brisas complex.

The windows are made of onyx, and
the cross towers on the peak above the city.


Sculptures create beautiful scenes amidst the
landscaping of the garden.


And, you can't beat the view..!!
In this pic, you can see our cruise ship off in the distance.

A to Z 2014 - On AirBnB
A to Z 2013 - A is for Appetizer

And!  This year my dog's blog A to Z... follow them too!

2 comments:

S. L. Hennessy said...

You're right, you really can't beat that view!

Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

betty said...

Never been there, but it does look gorgeous! Love the color of the water.

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...