Thursday, April 23, 2015

#272 - T is for Talladega!

I'd have laughed in your face
if I had ever been told that I would one day be
traveling to Alabama for a NASCAR race.


Yet, here I was... joining DH whose cousin works
at the hallowed Talladega...


We went to a fund raiser on Friday which
got the weekend started...


But it was the pit passes that made the weekend...


Front row as the drivers entered for their pre-race meeting...



And DH wanted plenty of photos of his favorite:
Jeff Gordon


I like the tire changes, and I was bummed
our passes wouldn't allow us up close and personal
as the pit crews did their thing...


But still, we got to see the cars,
and the trailers...


And the track... 


Start of the race, "boogety, boogety, boogety...!"
yeah, we saw him too...


We had time for a short walk through town...


And at a LOT of Southern Food...
Catfish and hush puppies...


Shake and bake...!


Yeah, I got into the spirit a little...


If you ain't first, you're last...!








No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...