Sunday, July 8, 2012

Birthday Shuffle a Deux #8

I am a California Girl.  I grew up in Southern California;  land of beaches, hot summer sun, and the Beach Boys.  While I like a number of their songs, "Warmth of the Sun" has to be one of my all time favorites.  Brian Wilson and Mike Love wrote the song as a tribute to John F. Kennedy on the night of his assassination.  Love was thinking about a woman who didn't reciprocate his feelings for her, and set it to the melancholy tune that Wilson had come up with.  I just like the melody and the harmonies that only the Beach Boys could create.  Ethereal.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've always loved this song too, think this one of their best. I'm so happy to have found your journal. It's great. Have an awesome day.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...